Warranty and Disclaimer
The information on this website is provided solely to acquaint the public generally with Alps Wire Rope Corporation™, its products and services, and the general types of applications in which Alps Wire Rope Corporation™ products and services have been used. No information provided on this website can be relied on to support a specific application or use of any such product or service. All products and services of Alps Wire Rope Corporation™, and all statements on this website, are subject to the following Warranty & Disclaimer.
Alps Wire Rope® Warranty
Alps Wire Rope Corporation (“Alps”) warrants that its wire rope products (“Products”) will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of six (6) months from date of shipment by Alps to Buyer. Terms and conditions of this Warranty are set forth below.
1. Alps agrees, pursuant to a valid Warranty Claim, to replace any Products shown to be defective in material or workmanship.
2. Any Warranty Claim must be in writing, identifying the specific Products claimed to be defective and describing the defect in material or workmanship claimed.
3. Any such written Warranty Claim must be received by Alps within six (6) months from date of Alps’ shipment of the Products claimed to be defective to Buyer. Otherwise, Alps shall have no obligation to provide warranty replacement of the Products and shall have no other obligation or liability pursuant to this Warranty.
4. Alps must be given a reasonable opportunity to inspect the Products claimed to be defective in the Warranty Claim, as well as any other Products of the same or similar type sold or supplied by Alps to Buyer and any mechanical equipment on which such Products were used, within ten (10) business days from written request by Alps. Otherwise, Alps shall have no obligation to provide warranty replacement of the Products and shall have no other obligation or liability pursuant to this Warranty.
5. The foregoing Warranty is subject to the following conditions, limitations and exclusions:
A. Alps Warrants the Products only on the following conditions: (a) that the published strengths and other specifications apply only to new, unused rope; (b) that the mechanical equipment on which such Products are used is properly designed and maintained; (c) that such Products are suitable for the mechanical equipment on which they are used; (d) that such Products are properly stored, handled, used and maintained; and (e) that such Products are properly inspected and maintained on a regular basis during the period of use.
B. Normal wear and tear and/or abuse of the Products are excluded from this Warranty.
C. The user of the Products has exclusive responsibility for selection of the appropriate wire rope product and for compliance with applicable codes, standards and rules, and for suitability of the Products for any use.
D. When the Products are cut and/or fitted with end connection by splicing or otherwise, the fabricator has exclusive responsibility to comply with codes, standards and rules for the fabrication process as well the end product. Any damage resulting from incorrect handling, cutting, splicing, fitting or reeving, will not be the responsibility of Alps or the rope manufacturer.
E. Product criteria are based on the use of steel sheaves. If synthetic sheaves are used, buyer and user should consult the sheave manufacturer.
F. No Warranty of any kind is made in respect to products fabricated by Alps which incorporate parts or other materials provided by the Buyer, user, or other third party which provides such parts or materials at the request of Buyer or user.
G. ALPS’ OBLIGATION AND LIABILITY UNDER THIS WARRANTY IS LIMITED TO REPLACEMENT OF PRODUCTS SHOWN TO BE DEFECTIVE PURSUANT TO A VALID WARRANTY CLAIM.
H. ALPS SHALL HAVE NO OBLIGATION TO PAY OR REIMBURSE ANY LABOR, SHIPPING OR OTHER COSTS OR CHARGES INCURRED BY BUYER OR ANY OTHER PERSON.
I. ALPS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY DIRECT OR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE PRODUCTS OR THEIR USE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES FOR PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, LABOR COSTS, LOSS OF PROFITS OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, WHETHER RESULTING FROM USE OF SAID PRODUCTS OR FROM SAID PRODUCTS BEING INCORPORATED IN OR BECOMING A COMPONENT OF ANY OTHER PRODUCT, OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARE SOUGHT IN A CAUSE OF ACTION SOUNDING IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE.
J. THE FOREGOING WARRANTY IS EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND IS ACCEPTED BY A PURCHASER OF WIRE ROPE PRODUCTS FROM ALPS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER LEGAL THEORIES OF LIABILITY.
6. The foregoing is the exclusive statement of terms, conditions and provisions of and applicable to Alps’ Warranty.
Product specifications on this website are provided by the manufacturer and are not separately represented or warranted by Alps Wire Rope Corporation. Before using any product sold or distributed by Alps Wire Rope Corporation, a determination of the product’s suitability for the specific application or use must be made. Any such determination must be made by the original equipment manufacturer or user after considering the specifications and recommendations of the original equipment manufacturer, the specifications and recommendations of the product manufacturer, and applicable industry and government standards. All products sold or distributed by Alps Wire Rope Corporation should be tested for suitability on a particular application prior to actual use. Persons and entities acknowledged on this website, as “business partners” or otherwise, assume no liability or responsibility for information on this website or for the acts or omissions of Alps Wire Rope Corporation by reason of such acknowledgments. Likewise, Alps assumes no liability or responsibility for the acts or omissions of any such person or entity.
WARNING: The nominal strengths listed throughout this site are the results of testing under ideal conditions, straight pull, no bending, ambient temperatures, with loading applied at a gradual speed. In most applications, the applied load should not exceed 20% of the nominal strengths.